glibc-2.3.5 addon for ColdFire trouble using crosstool

Daniel Kegel dank@kegel.com
Thu Apr 28 21:21:00 GMT 2005

Peter Barada wrote:
>>Which gdb/gdbserver are you using?  It seems to be a bit buggy?
>
> Its an old one, binary shipped a part of the BSP.  I've hacked
> together a gdbserver from 6.3, and it seems to work about the
> same. I'll have to go bacn and look again just to be sure.

You used the matching gdb-6.3, right?  I suspect
it's not a good idea to mix versions.

> Perhaps you might want to think about adding a build of gdb and for
> those targets that can, a gdbserver... It would come in real handy...

On my list...

>>You may get to use printf debugging at this point :-)
>

> That's the problem, the first printf doesn't even come out :)

Sorry, I meant "write to fd 1" debugging, and putting
the "write to fd 1"'s inside the libc source!

> I'm trying to rebuild the ehtire toolchain tossing in '-g' since it
> doesn't seem that crosstool adds it in by default for the build of
> glibc...

Hmm, should it?  Red Hat does...
- Dan