Using crosstool for new glibc-2.3.5 coldfire port

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Fri Apr 22 16:10:00 GMT 2005

sjhill@realitydiluted.com wrote:
>>I'm just starting up to build glibc-2.3.5 for --target=coldfire-linux,
>>and in this case, the coldfire is an add-on, and needs
>>--enable-add-ons=coldfire (or so I think) to be added to the glibc configure.
>>
>>Where would be the best place to put this into crosstool?
>>

> You would either create or modify one of the .dat files and add
> a line withi:
>
>    GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--enable-add-ons=coldfire"
>
> which will be picked up by the main script when configuring glibc.

Well, maybe, but that probably clashes with --enable-add-ons=linuxthreads.
And then there's the issue of downloading and unpacking the
addon.   I think the NPTL support patch dealt with all that,
hopefully it'll be a good model.
- Dan