[WAY OT]: need a windows-based PPC cross-compiler

Daniel Kegel dank@kegel.com
Wed Apr 20 18:29:00 GMT 2005

Brian Dessent wrote:
> Daniel Kegel wrote:
>

>>BTW there are known issues building the kernel on cygwin
>>and other case-insensitive systems:
>>1. .s and .S source file suffices mean different things; .S needs preprocessing, .s doesn't.
>>    This is fixable, but might be a bit painful.
>>2. netfilter has files named foo_BLAH.h and foo_blah.h that represent
>>    different states in their state machines.
>>    See https://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2004-October/017145.html
>>    They refuse to change this.
>>    If you use netfilter in your kernel, you will run into trouble
>>    with cygwin as a dev environment.
>

> You can also try Cygwin's managed mount.  It supports case sensitivity
> as well as use of all the reserved words.  E.g. if you had a source file
> named con.c, it's impossible to create under win32 normally, but
> possible with managed mounts.

Thanks for the tip.  I gather mount on cygwin now takes a "-o managed" option
for when you really need more posixy semantics, that's great.
I'll add that to the crosstool doc when I get a chance.
- Dan