Crosstool: FTP access to GNU no longer valid

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Wed Apr 13 00:37:00 GMT 2005

Trevor Harmon wrote:
> I tried out your crosstool script for the first time today and
> discovered that FTP access to GNU no longer works. When I try to visit
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org, I get "Invalid response from FTP server: (null)". I'm
> not sure if this is a transient problem or not, but I do know that
> http://ftp.gnu.org works, and by doing a global search and replace of
> the former with the latter for all crosstool files, I got the script to
> run. You might want to consider making this change for the next release
> of crosstool.

I had another workaround (fall back to ftp://gcc.gnu.org), but thanks for the tip!
(I still suspect server overload or misconfiguration,
and I think ftp access to ftp.gnu.org ought to work again
once they address that.

Gee, I hope crosstool isn't the *reason* for the overload...
- Dan