building for mips target glibc-headers target

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Tue Apr 12 14:26:00 GMT 2005

Marc Karasek wrote:
> Arno wrote:
>> Any 2.6.x kernel really. If you would have used gcc-3.3.x you could also
>> have built a linux-2.4.x kernel with the same toolchain.
>
> Not to go off on a tangent, but...
>
> I am curious about your statement that gcc3.4.x will not compile kernel 2.4.x properly or apps for it?
>
> The reason I am asking is we are currently trying to move to a new cross-compiler for MIPs and need to be able to support 2.4.18 as well as 2.6.x.

The build matrix at
http://kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.31/buildlogs/
shows some problems with mips and gcc-3.4, but it
could also just problems with mips and glibc-2.3.3 and higher;
glibc-2.3.2 wasn't tested.

Or is Arno referring to some other source of informtion?
- Dan