building bleeding-edge sh3eb toolchain with sanitized headers

Arno Schuring aelschuring@hotmail.com
Sat Apr 9 21:55:00 GMT 2005

[...]

> - install sanitized headers in build directory where kernel source
>  would normally go, and:
>
>  symlink "asm" -> "asm-sh"
>  copy in "asm-sh/ubc.h" from 2.6.11.2 regular source tree
>  symlink "cpu" -> "cpu-sh3"

The "copy-in" step from regular source tree is a definite ouch. Do you have
any clue as to why it is missing from the linux-libc headers? You might want
to file a bug report against linux-libc-headers for it, I'm not sure how
much attention sh3 gets...

I posted a patch for crosstool a few days ago which effectively does the
steps you described above, do you think it is worth it if we would extend
that patch to create the cpu->cpu-sh{2,3,4} link too? I'm a little hesitant
myself, because we would be redoing (part of) the kernel's make prepare, but
if that is the only way to get crosstool build a toolchain with sanitized
headers for sh3...

Maybe other arches need things like this as well?

Arno

  np: The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me