tweaking the sanitized headers for sh3eb build

Robert P. J. Day rpjday@mindspring.com
Sat Apr 9 21:13:00 GMT 2005

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Arno Schuring wrote:

> Just did a make prepare on a vanilla kernel tree, it seems it does the
> following:
>
> aschuring@golem:~/work/linux-2.6.7 > make defconfig ARCH=sh
> [...]
> aschuring@golem:~/work/linux-2.6.7 > make prepare ARCH=sh
>  Making asm-sh/cpu -> asm-sh/cpu-sh3 link
>  Making asm-sh/mach -> asm-sh/unknown link
> make[1]: `include/asm-sh/machtypes.h' is up to date.
>
> Which with -n translates to:
>
> ln -sf cpu-sh3 include/asm-sh/cpu
> ln -sf unknown include/asm-sh/mach
>
> So you were correct. You might run into a missing mach-dir later,
> also. I guess the sanitized headers need some postprocessing for
> some architectures, though this might be difficult to incorporate in
> crosstool.

actually, the build *just* finished successfully.  again, i have no
sh3 HW here to test it on, but the sample program apparently compiled
at the end of the build.

i'll post the details of the build and tweaks if anyone's interested.
at the moment, i started another identical build using gcc4 as the
native compiler, just to see where that falls over.  so far, it's
still chugging away.

rday