extend crosstool.sh to allow gcc4 as native compiler?

Arno Schuring aelschuring@hotmail.com
Fri Apr 1 21:43:00 GMT 2005

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>   i hope i'm not missing an obvious way to do this, but would it be
>> possible to extend crosstool to allow gcc4 as the native compiler?
>> currently, i have both "gcc" (3.4.3) and "gcc4" (4.0.0) installed on
>> my FC3 system and, for stress testing, i'll compile various projects
>> with both just for fun.
>>
>>   it seems that, at the moment, crosstool.sh is pretty well hardcoded
>> to use "gcc" only:
>>
>>   CC=gcc \
>>
>> that sort of thing.  would it be a big deal to make that a variable?
>
> Give it a try, see what happens.  Pick some nice unique variable name,
> though.
> - Dan

Would CC be considered unique enough? I can't think of a reason not to use
CC itself. crosstool should unset it for crossbuilds, of course, but that
would apply now as well. Then again, it's late here and I should probably
get some sleep.

< CC=gcc
===
> test -z $CC && CC=gcc