how to modify include/c++/3.2.1/arm-arm9-linux-gnu/bits/c++config.h??

Ken Wolcott ken.wolcott@med.ge.com
Fri Sep 24 16:03:00 GMT 2004

Hello crosstool gurus;

  I generated an arm cross compiler to my development team using
crosstool about none months ago.  Now the developers would like to make
a modification to include/c++/3.2.1/arm-arm9-linux-gnu/bits/c++config.h
so that they can dynamically fiddle with how malloc gets implemented.  I
looked in the tarball sources I used at the time for such a file.  It
does not exist in the linux headers, glibc, glibc_linuxthreads or
binutils.  So it must dynamically get created when crosstool genrates
the compiler.  So I downloaded the most current crosstool, applied my
demo file I used nine months ago to generate the production cross
compiler and I noticed in the output
"..../arm-arm9-linux-gnu/bits/c++config.h...", so I know for sure that
it is dynamically created.

My question is: if the developers change this dynamically generated file
then the object(s) and/or library produced will have the desired macro
they defined?  Is there a library that I need to change?  If I compile
something with this cross compiler, will the macro they defined show up
in the resultant object without altering any libraries?

Thanks in advance for trying to understand what I wrote and make sense
of the question :-)

Ken Wolcott