Problems in building xscale big endian toolchain

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Wed Sep 22 16:19:00 GMT 2004

Henry Bürger wrote:
> I´ve tried your great croostool. It works fine in most cases.
> But as I tried to build a big endian toolchain for Intel XScale IXP425 with
> crosstool-0.28-rc36 and demo-arm-xscale.sh (eval `cat arm-xscale.dat
> gcc-3.4.1-glibc-2.3.3.dat` sh all.sh --notest) i got a ARM little endian
> toolchain. I thought XScale is big endian in each case ??
> I saw that the configuration above applied the
> gcc-3.4.1/gcc-3.4.0-arm-bigendian.patch to gcc which is intend for set big
> endian as default ??

Only if the target name matches arm*b*.
If xscale is indeed always big-endian, we probably
should rename arm-xscale.dat to armeb-xscale.dat,
and edit it to say TARGET=armeb-xscale-linux-gnu
Could you give that a try and let me know if that
yields a working default-big-endian toolchain?
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com