how to make toolchain support VFP instead of FPA?

Wu Mingqiao mingqiao.wu@gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 03:26:00 GMT 2004

I am trying to use crosstool-0.28-rc34 to build toolchain for
arm-iwmmxt, with gcc-3.4.0 and glibc-2.3.2.   I want the toolchain to
support VFP architecture instead of FPA. I have modified some files in
gcc-3.4.0/gcc/config/arm, such as elf.h/linux-elf.h/t-linux, and
binutils-2.14.90.0.7/gas/config/tc-arm.c. But in the process of
building glibc, there are errors: selected processor does not support
"wfs r2" which is FPA instruction(V1).
Which files should I modify and how? Thanks!