Where does crosstool get its "kernel" includes?

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Mon Sep 13 14:44:00 GMT 2004

Marius Groeger wrote:
> @Dan,Alex: Why are you using sanitized headers anyway, other than that
> it is probably ideologically nicer, smaller, etc. towards the apps? I'm
> only using regular headers and never ran into serious problems.

There are a few apps that don't compile properly with
regular kernel headers.  IMHO the right thing to do
is fix the regular kernel source; usually it's fairly simple.
But the kernel developers are getting tired of doing this,
I think, and they're planning on including a set of
sanitized headers in include/linux/abi or something like
that in the future.

The only reason I'm using the PLD headers at all is
because I was too lazy to figure out the real fix
for the real kernel headers a couple of times recently
when building programs that use low-level kernel headers
(like maybe generic scsi and ext2?  I don't recall exactly.)
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com