Canadian Crosscompile: cc1: error: unrecognized option `-Wold-styl e-definition'

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Tue Oct 5 16:24:00 GMT 2004

Alexander Povolotsky wrote:
> To what compiler names the wrapper should be applied to(out of 3 identical copies I have):
>
> /usr/local/bin/powerpc-linux-gcc.exe
> /usr/local/bin/powerpc-linux-gcc-3.3.2
> /usr/local/bin/powerpc-860-linux-gnu-gcc
>
> I presume I should leave the first one (.exe) not to be wrapped - that is the one, where the wrapper should end-up going to - correct ?
> - should I wrap both two others or just one (which ?).

You earlier created /usr/local/bin/powerpc-860-linux-gnu-gcc
as a copy of, or a link to, /usr/local/bin/powerpc-linux-gcc.exe.
That was almost correct.  Now recreate it as a shell script
that invokes /usr/local/bin/powerpc-linux-gcc.  e.g.
recreate the file /usr/local/bin/powerpc-860-linux-gnu-gcc
as a text file containing

#!/bin/sh
for arg; do
      case $arg in
      -Wold-style-definition) ;;
      -fno-unit-at-a-time) ;;
      *) newargs="$newargs $arg" ;;
      esac
done
/usr/local/bin/powerpc-linux-gcc $newargs

After creating it, be sure to set its executable bit:
$ chmod +x /usr/local/bin/powerpc-860-linux-gnu-gcc
(Note: in cygwin, you can leave off the .exe when running programs.)

My technical stuff: http://kegel.com