compiling gdb to talk to cross-compiled gdbserver

Bill Gatliff bgat@billgatliff.com
Wed Nov 17 01:29:00 GMT 2004

David:

Try something like this:

$ CC=mipsel-linux-gcc ../gcc-x.y.z/configure --host=mipsel-linux
$ cd gdb/gdbserver
$ CC=mipsel-linux-gcc make all

That's the general idea, anyway.  It's been a while.

b.g.

Syed Faisal Akber wrote:

>From what I remember you need to create symlinks for the target and host
>header files after you have run configure for GDB itself.
>
>Then run configure and compile gdbserver.  You may want to look for howto
>documents for gdbserver and uClinux.  That should lead you into the right
>direction.
>
>From my experience you may need to add more code to it depending on the
>platform for it to properly talk to the OS for various special funcitons.
>
>73,
>Faisal Akber
>
>On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, David Wuertele wrote:
>

>>Hi Syed, thanks for the tips:
>>
>>Syed> On the host machine run:
>>Syed> mipsel-elf-gdb <remote-program>
>>Syed> (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
>>
>>What I'm really looking for is how to compile "mipsel-elf-gdb".  I
>>have tried "./configure --target=mipsel-abc-linux-gnu" but it doesn't
>>seem to work.
>>
>>Dave
>>

>>------
>>Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/
>>

>------
>Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/

Bill Gatliff
Embedded Linux *is* user friendly, it just chooses its friends carefully.
bgat@billgatliff.com