relocating the compiler and associated tools

Jim Tison jtison@ntplx.net
Fri Nov 12 13:57:00 GMT 2004

Awesome!

I haven't examined Dan's algorithms for better relocatability (I can't,
and it's a very long, very stupid, exceedingly boring story about
lawyers); but he seems to have covered quite a few of the typical bases
with crosstool. If this is indeed the case, what he's written is a true
treasure -- those "move blues" do indeed happen if you don't prepare for
them; I've personally seen that fireworks display so many times that I
can usually recognize the cause on sight.

If your executables & shared objects load, run, and dynlink without
error, you've succeeded: that's always the litmus test on how good your
relocation/move was.

Peace,
--Jim--