cross compiler for gcc3.4 and binutils 2.15 for x86_64

Dimitry Andric dimitry@andric.com
Wed Nov 3 19:27:00 GMT 2004

On 2004-11-03 at 11:28:04 jonathan li wrote:

> when I build gcc, I get the error as follows.
===snip===
> -Wl,--version-script=libgcc/./libgcc.map -o libgcc_s.so.1
===snip===
> I don't know why ld need crti.o, I compile bintuils and gcc all in static.

You're building gcc with --enable-shared, so it tries to build
libgcc_s.so, the shared gcc library.  This is what needs crti.o and
another bunch of crt object files.  So you can only build it AFTER
you've built and installed glibc (or another C library).

These chicken-and-egg problems are always nice, eh. :)