"What are you doing with crtstuff.c" on gcc-3.4.0 arm build

Toralf Lund toralf@procaptura.com
Tue May 25 20:00:00 GMT 2004

Dara Hazeghi wrote:

>>Does anyone know what this is supposed to mean?
>>

>>../../gcc-3.4.0/gcc/crtstuff.c:405:2: #error "What
>>

>are > you doing with crtstuff.c, then?"
>
>Known gcc bug (12022). Looks like arm-coff suffered
>from bitrot and nobody who uses it has gotten around
>to submitting a fix. Unless you have a particular need
>from arm-coff,

Like I said in response to a different message earlier, I don't. It's
the other way around, more or less; I have no need for ELF so I chose
COFF, as I thought perhaps I would avoid some problems by using the
simplest file format...