arm, glibc-2.3.2, and linux-2.6.6: asm/arch/param.h: No such file or directory

Dimitry Andric dimitry@andric.com
Mon May 24 21:40:00 GMT 2004

On 2004-05-24 at 19:24:14 Daniel Kegel wrote:

>> arm-unknown-linux-gnu/include/asm/param.h:13:41:
>> asm/arch/param.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> http://moss.csc.ncsu.edu/~mueller/rt/rt02/g1/cross_installlog.txt
>> suggests
>>
>> cd .../linux-*/include/asm
>> ln -s ./arch-pxa ./arch
>> ln -s ./proc-armv ./proc

> Say, I wonder if
>    make ARCH=$ARCH include/asm include/linux/version.h
> isn't quite sufficient?  Maybe toolchain.sh needs to do something like
>    make ARCH=$ARCH include/asm include/asm/arch include/linux/version.h

This depends on the particular ARM architecture (Integrator,
Footbridge, etc) you want to compile for. The Makefile in arch/arm
then creates include/asm-arm/arch and include/asm-arm/proc links,
saving the result in include/asm-arm/.arch and include/asm-arm/.proc,
respectively.

Normally I always have a custom config file which defines the specific
architecture I want, and then do:

  cp myconfig.cfg .config
  make oldconfig

which automatically creates any needed symlinks. You can also
short-circuit this with:

  make symlinks

which only creates the needed symlinks in include/asm-arm, if you
defined a specific architecture.

A number of canned configuration files are in arch/arm/def-configs.