crosstool-0.28-rc16: lots of little improvements, beginnings of canadian cross support

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de
Mon May 17 16:08:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 07:06:09 -0700, Dan Kegel <dank@kegel.com>
wrote in message <40A8C6D1.8040707@kegel.com>:
>      * patch idea from Jan-Benedict Glaw:
>        - extract kernel version from its Makefile rather than its directory
>        name
>      * patches from Jan-Benedict Glaw:
>        - better error message for ppc64* targets (vs. powerpc*)
>        - support vax (!)

Thanks.

>      * assume canadian cross if BUILD and HOST are set by caller (untested)

Guess what kind of email I wanted to write to the list this evening:)

"After building a cross-compiler for my target, who do I build a
target-hosted native compiler?"

So you've been even faster in answering than I was in asking. You're my
today's hero!

MfG, JBG (now going to read docu how to actually use canadian cross with
crosstool.sh)