change just host of cross compiler

lazer1 lazer1@blueyonder.co.uk
Fri May 7 21:23:00 GMT 2004

On 07-May-04, Dan Kegel wrote:
>lazer1 wrote:
>> *** Configuration m68k-unknown-amigaos not supported
>> Configure in /Ports/gcc-3.3.1-aros/gcc failed, exiting.
>> $
>>
>> I cannot see where "*** Configuration m68k-unknown-amigaos not supported"
>> is coming from,

>Use the grep, Luke!

>[dank@dual gcc-3.3.2]$ find . -type f | xargs grep 'Configuration.*not
>supported'
>./gcc/config.gcc:       echo "*** Configuration $machine not supported" 1>&2
>./gcc/config.gcc:       echo "*** Configuration $machine not supported" 1>&2
>./gcc/config.gcc:       echo "*** Configuration $machine not supported" 1>&2

you can tell that I am clueless about the *nix shell,

anyway I am noting this verbatim and will try it,

the *nix shell is very clever, only thing is there is a huge amount of
learning curve, maybe thats the cost of an advanced shell,

>Examine gcc/config.gcc for more info.  Is there a patch somewhere
>used by amiga folk when they build gcc, perhaps?  Ah, yes:

there is an official patch for the aros gcc sources,
which I have attached to this email, I have applied it to
this configure attempt,

>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-10/msg00329.html
>You might need to look at that and use the same gcc version he's starting
>with.

ok, I will study it,

>> this is to create a cross compiler, I thought the host is irrelevant
>> isnt it just the target that matters?

>The host isn't completely irrelevant...

I wonder where or what is missing from the amigaos host then,