problem  while  building  arm  vfp  softfloat  gcc

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Fri Mar 12 15:46:00 GMT 2004

Wouter van Heyst wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 10:49:35PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>Attached is a patch from addsub@eyou.com that he says patches glibc and
>>makes printf("%f", 1.0) work again.   I haven't tested it, just wanted
>>to give Nico a chance to have a look at it.  Not sure if addsub wrote
>>this himself or whether it's suitable for glibc mainline (I've asked him).
>>- Dan
>

> I may have missed a definitive conclusion, but addsub's patch lets
> http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/testsuite/gcc.c-torture/execute/920501-8.c
> pass succesfully, as well as some small test of my own. I don't know if
> the deleting of sysdeps/arm/ieee754.h matters, but so far I haven't
> noticed any detrimental effects.
>
> So, what's the status of this fix?

Probably needs regression testing on a couple other arm processors
with and without softfp to make sure it doesn't cause any grief.
Did you test it *without* softfp?
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com