problem  while  building  arm  vfp  softfloat  gcc

Wouter van Heyst wouter@vidicode.nl
Fri Mar 12 13:49:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 10:49:35PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:

<snip>

> Attached is a patch from addsub@eyou.com that he says patches glibc and
> makes printf("%f", 1.0) work again.   I haven't tested it, just wanted
> to give Nico a chance to have a look at it.  Not sure if addsub wrote
> this himself or whether it's suitable for glibc mainline (I've asked him).
> - Dan

I may have missed a definitive conclusion, but addsub's patch lets
http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/testsuite/gcc.c-torture/execute/920501-8.c
pass succesfully, as well as some small test of my own. I don't know if
the deleting of sysdeps/arm/ieee754.h matters, but so far I haven't
noticed any detrimental effects.

So, what's the status of this fix?

Wouter van Heyst
Vidicode Datacommunicatie BV