mips64 glibc

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Thu Jun 24 20:51:00 GMT 2004

On Jun 21, 2004, "David Scidmore" <dscidmore@xes-inc.com> wrote:

> I've noticed that if I try to configure glibc for mips64 it include
> sysdeps/mips/Implies and sysdeps/mip/mips64/implies. The former causes
> sysdeps/wordsize-32 to be included

You must be looking at a very outdated version of glibc.  In the
current sources, wordsize-32 is Implied by sysdeps/mips/mips32
and sysdeps/mips/mips64/n32, and wordsize-64 is Implied by
sysdeps/mips/mips64/n64.

> Is anyone aware of a glibc port for mips64?

I had it working at some point.

> can I compile glibc for mips with a compiler configured for mips64
> and use the result to build a full gcc compiler for mips64

I had a native compiler bootstrapped back then.  But that was a while
ago.