[Crosstool] Howto make CT use gcc34 (not target) when compiling?

Marc Britten maillists@monochromatic.net
Thu Jun 24 19:14:00 GMT 2004

Martin Egholm Nielsen wrote:
> Hello hello,
>
> On my Fedora Core 2 I have both gcc-3.3 and gcc-3.4 installed. However,
> the gcc-3.3 executable is called "gcc", hence (?) is the one crosstool
> uses, whereas the gcc-3.4 executable is called "gcc34".
> Is there a way to configure crosstool to use the other executables?

is their also a gcc33 and gcc's symlinked to that?  Its been a while
since I've used FC (and that was FC1) but this is how debian does it,
which makes resetting the default gcc a snap.  However its usually
better to leave which gcc is default alone (in case of ABI issues, etc)
if you plan on making software to run on your distro and go w/ the env
CC option like Dan Kegel mentioned in most cases.