Crosstool: Quiting shell when compilation fails?

Martin Egholm Nielsen martin@egholm-nielsen.dk
Wed Jun 23 18:51:00 GMT 2004

>> In the recent crosstool versions - 0.28rc23 at least - the all.sh
>> script exit the running shell if a compilation error occur - is that
>> right? Or has it always been like that?
>> I've only tried with bash running in cygwin, that is...
> You mean your window goes away?
Yes, my "xterm" goes away when an error occur. E.g. if I add "-nounpack"
to my "demo-x.sh" file, and there is no unpacked files present on the
system already, the window immediately disappears after launching the
script...

> I think that's a cygwin bug.  To work around it, always
> redirect stdout and stderr to a log file.  Then you can
> see the error.
Most possible then... Let's leave it there - I'll turn away from cygwin
now, anyway - towards fc2. I experienced some new "Illegal instruction"
failures when using the libgcj.so from cygwin, and these went away when
I used the one from my RH system...

Regards,
  Martin