*** [/build-glibc/sunrpc/xbootparam_prot.stmp] Segmentation fault

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Sat Jun 19 03:59:00 GMT 2004

Yi Sun wrote:
>>>Could you please give more information about this problem?
>>>*** [/build-glibc/sunrpc/xbootparam_prot.stmp] Segmentation fault
>>
>>That's a crash running rpcgen, the first program glibc tries to run that was created
>>during the build, so there could be any number of causes. ...
>>When I do canadian crosses, I ran into similar problems.
>>There, I just wimp out and use the system rpcgen, I seem to recall.
>>See patches/glibc-2.3.2/glibc-2.3.2-override.patch
>>Then, before running crosstool, I do
>>     localedef_FOR_BUILD=localedef
>>     rpcgen_FOR_BUILD=rpcgen
>>     zic_FOR_BUILD=zic
>>     export localedef_FOR_BUILD rpcgen_FOR_BUILD zic_FOR_BUILD
>
> Do I need to change the Makefile in sunrpc. Becasue the patch and
> exports did not stop compiling process to compiler the xbootparam_port.x

I don't know.  You may have to stop and understand the glibc
build process.  I wish I had a Sparc Solaris 9 install cd-rom
so I could debug this on the sparc box gathering dust in my office
(hint, hint).

My technical stuff: http://kegel.com