How to build a uclibc toolchain with crosstool (was: Question to you from a newbie)

Alain Perry sensei@quarkup.org
Fri Jun 18 16:52:00 GMT 2004

Le ven 18/06/2004 à 16:25, Dan Kegel a écrit :
> Dan Strohschein wrote:
> > ...  I am currently trying to develop a small application that would
> > run on a Linksys WRT54G router. This uses a mipsel CPU.
> >
> > I downloaded crosstools and compiled/built/installed it for the mipsel
> > CPU. I would like to use uClibc for its size with this particular
> > embedded system, but I can’t for the life of me figure out HOW to build
> > uClibc to work with the crosstools. If you could point me at a resource,
> > or perhaps share wisdom of your own on how I could go about
> > accomplishing this, I would be very appreciative
>
> There's a patch in the contrib directory that adds uclibc support
[snip]
> I think Carl only tested it with arm, though, so who knows if that'll work...

Well, if that doesn't work, using the details in my previous email, you
should be able to build a toolchain compatible with linksys one, and
once that was done, I had no trouble compiling uClibc from the sources
in linksys tarball (except for tha addition of -fPIC to the Rules.mak
file to allow the "make menuconfig", but I think it won't be needed if
you're on x86).

--
Alain Perry