Core dump (Illegal instruction) with crosstool's GCJ

Daniel Kegel dank@kegel.com
Thu Jun 17 17:47:00 GMT 2004

Martin Egholm Nielsen wrote:
> Now, I've tried using the root-filesystem from ELDK 3.0 which uses
> glibc-2.3.1 and gcc-3.2.2, and with my crosstool-cygwin-3.4.0-2.3.2 I
> _can_ now use static builds of _sample_ programs - not my faulty
> application (of course) (but this is still something I couldn't do before).
> But I still cannot run a static application linked with
> crosstool-3.4.0-2.2.5.
> That made me wonder: What are the requirements between compiler- and
> glibc-versions for crosstool-compiled applications and the
> target-system's system (both kernel and shell(?))?
> Do I need to compile an entire root-filesystem with the exact same
> crosscompiler as my gcj-applications are compiled with?

It's sometimes required, but not always.

Try the chroot jail trick I mentioned in my previous note.

Also, if glibc-2.3.x works better for you than glibc-2.2.x,
perhaps you should take that as a message :-)