cygwin (make) bug? (again...)

Birger Brunswiek birger.b@gmx.net
Wed Jun 16 23:47:00 GMT 2004

Hi all,
when compiling gcc-3.4.0, glibc-2.3.2, binutils-2.15, linux-2.2.26
for arm-unknown-linux-gnu (for the zillionsth time...) I noticed
a problem with make in cygwin. crosstool didn't seem to catch
the problem since I realized it only after a (actually not so)
successfull build.
The problem is that libjava doesn't get compiled properly.
In directory build-gcc/arm-unknown-linux-gnu/libjava/ make says:

make: *** No rule to make target `java/awt/print/Book.java', needed by
`java/awt/print/Book.class'. Stop.

It seems to me that for a unknown reason make ignored the VPATH
for all the files in that directory. For all files in the makefile
before java/awt/print/* and after those it works fine. I actually
successfully compiled after removing all java/awt/print/*
from the Makefile (/build-gcc/arm-unknown-linux-gnu/libjava/Makefile)

That ofcourse is not a solution!

Birger