compiling kernel 2.6.6 under cygwin for i386-linux

bertrand marquis bertrand_marquis@yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 16 14:55:00 GMT 2004

Hello,

    I'm trying to build the kernel 2.6.6 under cygwin using a
cross-toolchain (binutils 2.14, gcc-3.2.3, glibc-2.3.2) cygwin->i386-linux
    I have patched the kernel using the patch included in crosstool but
when compiling the host programs in script/ directory (mk_elfconfig,
file2alias ...etc) it is complaining about non existing file elf.h. In
fact my host gcc (the cygwin one) doesn't have any elf.h file as cygwin
is not an elf system.

Does anyone has this problem and know how to fix it ?

thanks
bertrand