Problems with crossgcc and AMD Au1550

Daniel Kegel dank@kegel.com
Tue Jun 15 18:08:00 GMT 2004

Chris Jones wrote:
> Using crosstool-0.28-rc24, and the already patched 2.4.25 kernel from
> AMD (Which does cross compile using crosstool-0.27 and runs on the H/W):
>
> au1550_mipsel.dat:
> KERNELCONFIG=`pwd`/au1550.config
> TARGET=mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu
> TARGET_CFLAGS="-O2 -finline-limit=10000"
> GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--without-fp --with-cpu=mips32"
>
> gcc-3.3.2-glibc-2.3.2.dat:
> BINUTILS_DIR=binutils-2.15
> GCC_DIR=gcc-3.3.2
> GLIBC_DIR=glibc-2.3.2
> LINUX_DIR=linux-2.4.25
> GLIBCTHREADS_FILENAME=glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.2
>
> I get the same errors as in my earlier post.
>
> When specifying the -mips32 in the Makefile, I get a different set of
> errors:
>
> /tmp/ccnRj7Gb.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccnRj7Gb.s:7492: Error: Cannot branch to symbol in another section.
>
> It sort of makes sense that I'm getting the "not supported on this processor"
> because my mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc seems to not be using the mips32
> by default (even though I specified this above).

Ah, but you only specified it for glibc.  For gcc, you need to add something like

GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--with-cpu=mips32"

to au1550_mipsel.dat.

Let me know if that helps.

Also, would mipsel-au1550-linux-gnu be an ok target name,
or is there an established convention already for how
to name au1550 targets?

- Dan