crosstool-0.28-rc23

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Tue Jun 15 04:27:00 GMT 2004

Yi Sun wrote:
> I'm using crostool-0.28-rc23 and tring to build a i686-pc-linux-gnu
> cross on sparc-sunos-2.9.
> What I'm trying to do is gcc-3.4.0+glibc-2.3.2. But before I'm moving
> further, Could you tell whether anyone successfully build a
> gcc-3.4.0+glibc-2.3.2 toolchain with crosstool-0.28-rc23 in this world?

People have gotten pretty far.  I don't know if anyone's succeeded.
But if you follow the tips in
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#*-*-solaris2*
you might succeed.  Let me know what happens!
- Dan

p.s. Can someone send me a Solaris 8 or Solaris 9 for Sparc
install CD-ROM or rescue disk?  I've got a Sparc system gathering
dust because I don't have the root password.  I'd like to
be able to get crosstool running on it...

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com