Toolchain for 2.6.6 an NPTL

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Wed Jun 9 15:15:00 GMT 2004

Manfred Gruber wrote:
> Hi I have build a 2.6.6 x86 Kernel with a gcc 3.2 but this toolchain has no
> NPTL Support.
>
> I have build some toochains with crosstool for an arm target , but I don't
> know what Is the best toolchain for a 2.6.6 Kernel. I don't find any config
> files in the crosstool which support NPTL for x86.
>
> Can someone give me his configs, or tell me what I have to patch and what I
> have to edit in the configs.

The first 'release' of glibc that supports NPTL is glibc-2.3.3,
which was never officially released.  You can grab a glibc-2.3.3
tarball of sorts from some distro's SRPMs, or you can grab it from
glibc cvs:
	echo Enter "anoncvs" as the password
	cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs at sources.redhat.com:/cvs/glibc login
	cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs at sources.redhat.com:/cvs/glibc co libc
I think the date they changed the version number was mid december 2003.

However, I haven't been able to build a toolchain using glibc cvs,
so some work is still needed, and the going might be a bit annoying :-(

My technical stuff: http://kegel.com