[ANNOUNCE] GCC 3.4 ColdFire/ARM toolchain for uClinux (20040604)
Sat Jun 5 09:37:00 GMT 2004
a new version of the uClinux cross-compiler toolchain
based on GCC 3.4 is available here:
This release adds preliminary ARM support and includes
binaries for Linux (both glibc23 and glibc22 distros) and
Many other things have been changed since the last public
Changes in release 20040605:
* Preliminary GCC 3.5 support.
* Add some GCC 3.4 patches by Peter Barada.
* Add support for GDB 6.1.
* Update m68k-bdm to 1.3.0 and use GDB patches distributed with it.
* Integrate preliminary ARM support.
(Contributed by Steve Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>).
* Fix genromfs patch for CygWin.
(Reported by Jens Heilig <email@example.com>).
Changes in release 20040425:
* Update GCC 3.4 to the official 3.4.0 release.
* Update m68k-bdm to 1.2.0.
Changes in release 20040323:
* Update GCC 3.4 to the 20040317 snapshot.
* Update binutils to 18.104.22.168.1.1, which already contains all
the required uClinux patches.
* Backport argument pointer corruption fix to GCC 3.3.3
Changes in release 20040309:
* Drop Insight support (DDD is better anyway) and install GDB in $PREFIX.
* Rename "interrupt" attribute to "interrupt_handler" in 3.3.x patches
to match GCC 3.4.
Changes in release 20040112:
* Update GCC 3.4 to 3.4-20040114.
* Update uClibc to 0.9.26.
* Update binutils to 22.214.171.124.8 (and drop some integrated patches).
* Cleanup support for backwards compatibility links to m68k-elf- tools.
* Correctly detect GCC version for interim releases.
* Apply a couple of rogue patches to GCC 3.4.
* Fix build with gcc-java, but don't expect it to work right now.
Changes in release 20031230:
* Switch to m68k-uclinux for all components of the GCC 3.4 toolchain.
* GCC's compiler driver now adds required linker flags when building
executables with -mid-shared-libary.
* Update uClibc to 0.9.24.
* Update m68k-bdm to 20031207 and import latest GDB patches.
* Update GCC 3.4 to 3.4-20031222.
* Update GCC 3.3.x to 3.3-20031222.
* Merge-in patches by Andrea Tarani for uClibc 0.9.23 and m68k-bdm.
// Bernardo Innocenti - Develer S.r.l., R&D dept.
Want more information? See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/
Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the crossgcc