strange compiler error with division operation

Peter Barada peter@the-baradas.com
Fri Jun 4 20:31:00 GMT 2004

>Dear Mr.peter:
> I changed the command line to :
> $(CC) -Wl, -T lcf/burnExtRom.lnk $(objects) -o image/hiwd -Wl,-Map
>image/mapfile
>
>But I got the error:
>/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-eabi/3.3.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld:
>cannt open : No such file or directory

You are trying to pass the linker a parameter using '-Wl,', but
the trailing space will cause the linker to have a null string as a
parameter, so the linker is attempeting to open a file who'ss name is
"", so I don't think that is going to work for you.

Perhaps you meant -Wl,-T,lcf/burnExtRom.lnk -Wl,-Map,image/mapfile
(note the lack of spaces between the parameters after the -Wl,).

--
Peter Barada
peter@the-baradas.com