building gcc for mingw requires a patch

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Sat Jul 31 22:50:00 GMT 2004

E. Weddington wrote:
>>Someone recently said that using gcc and distccd on cygwin
>>worked fine for small apps, but crashed sometimes compiling larger things.
>>During that discussion, someone asked whether one could just
>>compile gcc to run on mingw to avoid possible cygwin problems.
>>For reference, here's a link to the gcc bug report about this being hard;
>>it contains a link to the latest patch that fixes collect2 so it runs on mingw.
>>   http://gcc.gnu.org/PR14316
>
> Also note that for building some targets for host=mingw, an additional fix/patch is needed for
> fixinc / fixinc.sh. AFAIK, there isn't (yet) a PR for this (I've been meaning to do this for a while).
> The targets that I know of that require a fix are avr and m68k, but there could very well be
> others.

Looking at your previous post,
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/2004-04/msg00027.html
I see I'm just repeating stuff you've already said.
Ah, well, it bears repeating :-)
Do you have any sort of URL for the fixing patch you mentioned?
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-04/msg01295.html looks related,
but that's for gcc-3.2; 3.3 is supposedly fixed.)
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com