Oprofile and Crosstoolchain0.27

Yves Rutschle y.rutschle@indigovision.com
Fri Jul 23 10:46:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 12:10:36PM -0700, Amy Smith wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to profile shared libs and multithread
> programs.
> So I want to use oprofile with crosstoolchain0.27
>
> I was wondering if anyone has built and installed
> Oprofile for arm-softfloat-linux-gnu? what are the
> challenges? any issues ?

Working on profiling at the moment: I eventually gave up on
oprofile; the kernel module is no problem, but the userland
tools were asking for bash2, which I was not prepared to
*also* cross-compile (because it didn't out of the box, and
it I was drifting further and further from my target.)

I'm starting to get good results with FunctionCheck:
http://www710.univ-lyon1.fr/~yperret/fnccheck/profiler.html
which IMO supplants Gprof as it supports both threads and
forks.

HTH,
Y.