missing elf.h for mk_elfconfig.c while building zImage for PPC on Intel platform (windows XP) using cygwin

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Wed Jul 21 13:51:00 GMT 2004

Povolotsky, Alexander wrote:
> I have made changes in linux-2.6/scripts/kconfig/Makefile as advised and it
> did fix menuconfig problem - thank you very much for being kind and patient
> helping - much appreciated !
>
> Now I am facing the next problem: missing elf.h (for mk_elfconfig.c) while
> building zImage for PPC on Intel platform (windows XP) using cygwin.
> scripts/mk_elfconfig.c:4:17: elf.h: No such file or directory
>
> From where I could pick-up this include file ?

This has been discussed recently.  Here's how I answered it the other day:

>> I now get this error:
>> /usr/src/linux-2.6.7/scripts/mk_elfconfig.c:4:17: elf.h: No such file or directory
>
> The other thing you should try to do is figure out how
> to properly search the web for answers to questions like that.
> For instance, searching google for
>    elf.h cygwin crosstool
> finds exactly two hits, and the second tells you where to get
> elf.h.

In other words, download and install
   http://www.gnu.org/directory/libs/misc/libelf.html
which will I think provide <gelf.h>;
you can then make an elf.h that just does
   #include <gelf.h>
and you should be good to go.  (I haven't tried it myself.)
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com