PPC and vxworks crosscompiler

Jim Benson jbenson@sextans.lowell.edu
Tue Jul 20 01:58:00 GMT 2004

Hello,

crossgcc@sources.redhat.com

  What is the current trick for making a crossgcc compiler
for a MPC750 for vxworks? I did the standard things that have worked
for me before for making m68k cross with vxworks. I ran into
the old

#error CPU is not defined correctly

error. I got the error for
target=powerpc-wrs-vxworks.
I was trying this with gcc-3.3.1 and vxworks 5.4.2.

There was some discussion about these kinds of errors
posted to this list in April 2002. One suggestion from
Jimm Burk was to simply include -D__CPU__=xxx
(xxx is probably 603 for the 750...judging from the Makefile
in the BSP for my 750...and the vxCpu.h) and
-D__CPU_FAMILY__=PPC

Is this still the way people are doing this?

Thanks,

Jim