using precompiled glibc libs / new created include files / missin g crt1.o

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Wed Jul 14 14:31:00 GMT 2004

Feldmeier Bernd wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Well after I got my toolchain working from scratch
> I needed to build my toolchain with precompiled glibc libs.
> So far no prob, but the target headers (/usr/include) were missing.
> So I created them from scratch (compiling) for the right glibc version.
> After integrating the libs/headers in my gcc I got this error when compiling
> simple test app:
>
> crt1.o : not found -- ld stuck here
>

> I can understand this, because
> my precompiled target libs have no
> crt1.o file.
>

> How can I create my toolchain
> without wanting to use this file??

You can't, it's needed.  (Look at its source
to see what it does; it's part of the C library startup.)

You either need to use one you compiled, or one from
the same place as you got the target libraries.

I sometimes cheat and copy just libc.a from the target
on top of the crosstool-generated toolchain.
That works for me, maybe you could do that, too.
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com