retrieving glibc sources by date

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Mon Jul 5 16:22:00 GMT 2004

Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-07-04 21:25:13 -0700, Dan Kegel <dank@kegel.com>
> wrote in message <40E8D829.50702@kegel.com>:
>

>>#!/bin/sh
>># Script to retrieve glibc source via CVS as of a certain date
>># Includes all addons (e.g., both linuxthreads and NPTL)
>># Usage: grab.sh YYYYMMDD
>># Creates glibc-YYYYMMDD.tar.gz
>>mkdir temp.$$
>>cd temp.$$
>>mkdir CVS
>>echo ":pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/glibc" > CVS/Root
>>cvs co -D$1 libc
>>mv libc glibc-$1
>>tar --exclude CVS -czf ../glibc-$1.tar.gz glibc-$1
>>cd ..
>>rm -rf temp.$$
>

> Generally, I'd suggest using either -D or -rHEAD ...

I *am* using -D above, aren't (amn't? :-) I?

And -rHEAD would not be reproducible between runs,
and since crosstool is all about reproducibility,
that seems inappropriate.  (-r glibc-2_3_3 would be
fine, but I'm still hoping they'll get off their
duffs and release a tarball of that.)

My technical stuff: http://kegel.com