cross-building a native compiler (was: Re: Build for x86_64)

Greg Chandler chandleg@wizardsworks.org
Thu Jul 1 19:48:00 GMT 2004

I read what you wrote, and I do know the steps I have to jump though to
make a full native build...  My problem is that I don't know what flags,
or what combinations I need for each step.  Or the environment variables
to go with them.

I'm thinking it should look something like:
./configure --build=i686-unkown-linux.gnu \
--target=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu \
--host=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

Do you know?