puzzled on how to integrate arm kernel patch(es) into crosstool

Daniel Kegel dank@kegel.com
Mon Jan 19 18:16:00 GMT 2004

Ken Wolcott wrote:
>   I'm not sure if this is exclusively an arm-specific kernel header missing
> issue or whether it is specific to at91.  One of the developers was unable to
> build his arm (at91?) specific code without adding a directory of arm
> specific header files (obtained from a 2.95.3 arm environment) and changing
> the symlink:
>
> .../arm-arm9-linux-gnu/sys-include/asm/arch-at91
>
> modified the link "arch" to point at "arch-at91" rather
> than "arch-integrator".

Aha.  Can you send me a test file from that developer I can use to
check whether my toolchain comes with the right include files?
One that doesn't compile with the vanilla crosstool?

> Now the code compiles -- but where is the "pristine" source of this?  would
> the rmk patch
> ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/source/kernel-patches/v2.4/patch-2.4.21-rmk1.bz2
> have this code?  I suspect not, as reading this email
>
> http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2004-January/019067.html
>
>   So I feel like I am on the verge of success with having a fully-functional
> arm cross-compiler using crosstool (v0.25)...

Yeah, sounds like you're close.  I'll try to pay attention to the
thread you linked to.

>   Next I need to build a minimal embedded environment (ptx again?)...

Yes, the wonderful ptxdist.  You should look at its patch repository;
they may have already solved this very problem.
- Dan