crosstool - ARM922T - NMS9200

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Sun Jan 11 17:34:00 GMT 2004

Trilok Soni wrote:
> I have built arm-linux toolchain using crosstool-0.25
> version from kegel.com.
>
> script executed for:
> arm.dat gcc-3.2.3-glibc-2.2.5
>
> Board:
> NMS9200 - MiMagic5
>
> I have then built ramdisk for my target board nms9200.
> I have copied following files on
> ramdisk/lib.
>
> # ls  $ARM_ROOT/ramdisk/lib
> ld-2.2.5.so			libgcc_s.so	libstdc++.so ...
>
> Now when I execute simple Hello, World "c" shared
> library program, it just comeback to shell
> without printing a "hello, world" message.
 > I think it is able to find loader..but loader is
 > unable to load libc.so to memory. Do u think that
 > I have to copy library somewhere else?

OK, let's see where libc.so is, and what's in it.
On the target board, what do the commands
# ls -l /lib/libc[-.]*
# cat /lib/libc.so
# ldd ./hello
say?  Also, if you compile strace statically, what does
# strace ./hello
say?  (You can get strace from http://keihanna.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/strace/strace-4.5.1.tar.bz2
Note that it needs accurate kernel headers to compile; that's why
I don't build it as part of crosstool.)
- Dan