problem while building arm-linux-gcc using with-cpu=iwmmxt

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Mon Feb 23 16:42:00 GMT 2004

add wrote:
> Has anybody here before buiding gcc-3.4 cvs version using --with-cpu=iwmmxt
> option?
> I'm doing this based on dan's crosstool-0.27.
> Finally I found out the bootstrap gcc has problem to build glibc-2.3.2 while
> processing glibc/locale/ld-callob.c
> it will say:
> /tmp/ccWwfxuD.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccWwfxuD.s:6430: Error: bad immediate value for offset (4128)
> /tmp/ccWwfxuD.s:6435: Error: bad immediate value for offset (4112)
>
> while using option --with-cpu=xscale, it will be ok. So I think this is
> related to iwmmxt specific codes in gcc-3.4-cvs.

Interesting.  I can't find the source file you mention (ld-callob.c);
can you check the filename?   Is it generated during the build?

For what it's worth, here's a link that discusses this error message:
   http://gcc.gnu.org/PR11442
Sounds like a glibc issue, offhand.

I haven't tried --with-cpu=iwmmxt myself.  It's fairly new
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-06/msg02098.html)
so perhaps nobody's built glibc with it yet.
- Dan

--
US citizens: if you're considering voting for Bush, look at these first:
http://www.misleader.org/