problem while building arm vfp softfloat gcc

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Tue Feb 17 16:27:00 GMT 2004

Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On 10 Feb 2004, add wrote:
>
>>I have already tried this on my platform, it still print out 0.000000
>>so it seems like a problem of glibc.
>>I swapped the register according to montavista's iwmmxt_le-gcc produced asm
>>code. Are you sure that code is correct? if so, then that means montavista's
>>toolchain is not compatible with others, although it uses the same vfp
>>softfloat patch.
>
> *** Beware ***
>
> MV's iwmmxt_le toolchain is using VFP word ordering.  My soft-float patch is
> also using VFP word ordering by default.
>
> *** However ***
>
> Libraries like glibc need to be aware of it too, since they play with doubl
> float values directly.  See for example this patch I produced for uClibc:  ...

Attached is a patch from addsub@eyou.com that he says patches glibc and
makes printf("%f", 1.0) work again.   I haven't tested it, just wanted
to give Nico a chance to have a look at it.  Not sure if addsub wrote
this himself or whether it's suitable for glibc mainline (I've asked him).
- Dan

--
US citizens: if you're considering voting for Bush, look at these first:
http://www.misleader.org/