possible need for "no inline" patch from glibc-2.3.2?

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Sun Dec 5 16:36:00 GMT 2004

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> the above *is* the latest (weekly) snapshot, although the next one is
> apparently due out any minute now, i'll give it another go with that
> one.

Nah, I didn't notice you were using the latest, you're
up to date enough.

>>see if you can boil it down to a ten-line test case, and
>>append that to http://gcc.gnu.org/PR15398, maybe.
>>But one might also argue it's a glibc bug.  They'll
>>fix it one of these days, once enough people are using gcc4...
>
> i'm not sure i'm *that* ambitious. :-)  i'm just seeing how bleeding
> edge i can have the components and see how far the build gets.  and if
> a patch is obvious, i'll apply it and try again.  beyond that, i'm
> kind of in over my head.  at least for now.

You might at least add a comment at http://gcc.gnu.org/PR15398
saying that you're seeing it, too, and telling them how
to reproduce it (a one line description is fine if that's
all you have time for)
- Dan