configure: error: compiler support for __thread is required

Jean-Christophe Dubois jdubois@mc.com
Wed Aug 18 16:05:00 GMT 2004

OK I succeeded in compiling the all thing (I now need to test it but I
already cross-compiled the Linux Kernel).

Here are my changes so far (against crosstool-0.28-rc32):

glibc-2.3.3-remove_gcc_eh.patch should go in patches/glibc-2.3.3
binutils-2.15-solaris-qsort.patch should go in patches/binutils-2.15

getandpatch.sh.patch and crosstool.sh.patch should be applied to
getandpatch.sh and crosstool.sh respectively.

With these I am able to build a ppc7400/linux
2.6.7/gcc3.4.1/glibc2.3.3/binutils 2.15 crostool chain for a
solaris/sparc host

I hope it helps.

JC