gcc-3.3 VS gcc-2.95.3 soft floating point on mipsel?

Daniel Kegel dank@kegel.com
Fri Aug 13 18:22:00 GMT 2004

David Wuertele wrote:
> Dan> There is a softfloat patch floating (heh) around for gcc-3.3.3,
> Dan> but you'd probably be better off using gcc-3.4.1, which has the
> Dan> patch already applied.  Can you try 3.4.1?
>
> I've just kicked off a make using 3.4.1.  Is glibc-2.3.2 still the
> glibc of choice to use with gcc-3.4.1?

Yes, though if you run into any problems, there are lots of
fixes sitting in glibc cvs (e.g. glibc-2.3.3, which hasn't
really been released, but was tagged in December).

> I have had problems with binutils-2.15, but 2.14 seems to work okay
> for me.  Is there a compelling reason to try a later binutils?

Not that I recall.  My strategy is 'use it until it breaks, then upgrade'.
- Dan