Updated ColdFire toolchain sources available on my CVS server

Jan Damborsky jan.damborsky@devcom.cz
Mon Aug 9 18:10:00 GMT 2004

>>>I've finally had a spare minute or three to put together a gcc-3.4.0
>>>tree on my CVS server as well as to update it and my gcc-3.3.3 tree to
>>>produce better code, and am looking for beta testers to try it out,
>>>*especially* anyone who is using a 5407 and the -m5407 flag to the
>>>toolchain.
>>>

>>Hello,
>>tested configuration:
>>GCC 3.3.3 and 3.4.0
>>binutils 2.14
>>newlib 1.12.0
>>CCFLAGS: -O2 -m528x
>>
>>bug:
>>compiler generates assembler instruction
>>sub.l #imm,d(Ax) not supported
>>for ColdFire core.
>

> WHich compiler generates the sub.l #imm,d(Ax) instruction?  Could you
> send me a small testcase witht eh commandline used to generate the
> problem?
>
> Thanks!

I used ColdFire GCC compiler from your CVS tree, version 3.4.0.
Attached C source generated error. Sorry for length of attached
code, but I failed when trying to generate code snippet manifesting
the bug (one disappeared when shortening the file).

Note: Sorry for misleading info, but 3.3.3 works well, only
3.4.0 and 3.4.1 generate the bug.

shell command follows :

[root@honza bug]# /usr/m68k-elf-3.4.0/bin/m68k-elf-gcc -O2 -m528x -c \
-I./Include -o ./loader.o ./loader.c
/root/tmp/ccXoLYOB.s: Assembler messages:
/root/tmp/ccXoLYOB.s:1429: Error: operands mismatch -- statement
`sub.l #__SDRAM,-516(%a6)' ignored